In México, most of our salsas are roasted, fried or raw, so fermented hot sauce sounds a little weird…then again, you probably have tried one before: Tabasco. But what if Tabasco is not hot enough? Make it with habaneros instead!
- 15-20 (or more) habaneros
- White Vinegar
- Carefully cut the habaneros in half or in four pieces
- Ferment them for about 2 weeks
- There’s so many ways to do it, I used brine - 2 cups of water + 1 tbs salt - and a peanut butter jar that somehow works perfectly, it lets the CO2 out without letting oxigen in
- Blend the habaneros with a bit of the brine, and some vinegar. Taste it and add more brine for more salt, or vinegar for more acidic